CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) and CRISPR-associated (Cas) genes are essential in adaptive immunity in select bacteria and archaea, enabling the organisms to respond to and eliminate invading genetic material.
- PCR Using Q5® Hot Start High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase (M0493)
- In vitro digestion of DNA with Cas9 Nuclease, S. pyogenes (M0386)
- Determining Genome Targeting Efficiency using T7 Endonuclease I
- NEBuilder HiFi DNA Assembly Reaction Protocol
- NEBuilder® HiFi Electrocompetent Transformation Protocol (E2621)
- NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly Electrocompetent Transformation Protocol
- NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly Chemical Transformation Protocol (E2621)
- NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly Chemical Transformation Protocol
- Using recombinant Cas9 nuclease to assess locus modification in genome editing experiments (#M0386)
- sgRNA Synthesis Using the HiScribe™ Quick T7 High Yield RNA Synthesis Kit (NEB #E2050)
- T7 Endonuclease I-based Mutation Detection with the EnGen® Mutation Detection Kit (NEB #E3321)
- EnGen® sgRNA Synthesis Kit, S. pyogenes Protocol (E3322)
- Transfection of Cas9 RNP (ribonucleoprotein) into adherent cells using the Lipofectamine® RNAiMAX
CRISPR/Cas9 & Targeted Genome Editing: New Era in Molecular Biology
Understand the history, importance and future of CRISPR/Cas9 and target genome editing
- Genome Editing Brochure
- Kinetic Comparison of Cas9 Homologs Recognizing Diverse PAM Sequences (2018)
- Zheng Hu, Wencheng Ding, Da Zhu, Lan Yu, Xiaohui Jiang, Xiaoli Wang, Changlin Zhang, Liming Wang, Teng Ji, Dan Liu, Dan He, Xi Xia, Tao Zhu, Juncheng Wei, Peng Wu, Changyu Wang, Ling Xi, Qinglei Gao, Gang Chen, Rong Liu, Kezhen Li, Shuang Li, Shixuan Wang, Jianfeng Zhou, Ding Ma, Hui Wang 2015. TALEN-mediated targeting of HPV oncogenes ameliorates HPV-related cervical malignancy. J Clin Invest. 125, PubMedID: 25500889, DOI: 10.1172/JCI78206
- A-Bk Dad, S Ramakrishna, M Song, H Kim 2014. Enhanced gene disruption by programmable nucleases delivered by a minicircle vector. Gene Ther. , PubMedID: 25142139, DOI: 10.1038/gt.2014.76
Online ResourcesPlasmid Repositories:
CRISPR-gRNA Design Tools:
Genome Engineering using CRISPR/Cas Systems
Cas9-triggered homologous recombination
Drosophila RNAi Screening Center at Harvard Medical School
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Get a high level overview of CRISPR/Cas9 and how it is used in genome editing in our Science in 60 segment.
CRISPR systems evolved as a means of bacterial adaptive immunity. Understanding their behavior in vivo is essential to harnessing their power in vitro.