As the COVID-19 virus continues to impact our communities, we understand there may be concerns regarding your ability to order and receive important research reagents. New England Biolabs is working diligently to ensure we keep our employees and their families safe, while maintaining our business continuity in support of our many customers around the globe. Our manufacturing and distribution teams continue to be fully operational, and we are working closely with our suppliers and distribution partners to ensure uninterrupted access to our products and technical support. We are also following the guidelines of local and national health organizations in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
NEB’s products are available for research purposes only. However, we are already supplying and supporting customers who are working diligently to develop better diagnostic tools and vaccines for the COVID-19 virus, and are ready to supply additional customers with the reagents they need to validate and develop them as diagnostic tools for lab-based or point-of-care settings.
Products that customers have inquired about:
Monarch® Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
NEB does not currently supply a kit specifically designed for viral RNA extraction. Additionally, we have not validated this kit for RNA extraction from nasopharyngeal swabs or aspirates. However, several customers have provided feedback that they have used this kit successfully to extract viral RNA from other biological samples.
- Quickly and easily purify up to 100 µg of high quality total RNA (>20 nt)
- Purified RNA is suitable for downstream reactions, such as RT-qPCR and library prep for next gen sequencing
- Elute in as little as 30 µl (RNA samples can be further concentrated following purification using our Monarch RNA Cleanup columns or kits)
- New protocols for the use of this kit with different biological samples are being posted as they are developed. As an example, for guidance on the use of this kit with saliva, buccal swabs and nasal swabs click here.
WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA) (NEB #M1800)
WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix is an optimized formulation of Bst 2.0 WarmStart DNA Polymerase and WarmStart RTx in a special low-buffer reaction solution.The mix contains a visible pH indicator for rapid and easy detection of Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) and RT-LAMP reactions.
- Easily detect amplification with a simple pink-to-yellow color change
- Set up reactions at room temperature, as WarmStart feature inhibits activity at 25°C
- Learn how Colorimetric LAMP was used for rapid detection of Coronavirus (COVID-19) RNA in our recent publication
- Explore the latest research in direct detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA using colorimetric LAMP in our recent application note
Luna® Universal Probe One-Step RT-qPCR Kit (NEB #E3006)
Luna® Probe One-Step RT-qPCR Kit (No ROX) (NEB #E3007)
Luna® Universal One-Step RT-qPCR Kit (NEB #E3005)
Luna Universal One-Step RT-qPCR kits offer exceptional sensitivity, reproducibility and RT-qPCR performance.
- Rapid, sensitive and precise probe or dye-based qPCR detection and quantitation of RNA targets
- Novel, thermostable Luna WarmStart RT increases reaction specificity
- Carryover prevention supported: reaction mixes contain dUTP
- Explore the latest research in direct detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA using Luna reagents in our recent application note
- Learn how high throughput qPCR and RT-qPCR workflows are enabled by Beckman Coulter Echo Acoustic Liquid Handling and NEB’s Luna reagents in our recent application note.
Luna Cell Ready Lysis Module (NEB #E3032)
Bypass RNA extraction and go direct to RT-qPCR or LAMP analysis. Read more here.
- Coordinated cell lysis, RNA release and genomic DNA removal are all performed in a 15-minute protocol
- Pair with our Luna Universal One-Step RT-qPCR kits or WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA) for streamlined assays
Products for Oxford Nanopore Technologies® Sequencing
The following reagents are being recommended in a number of third party COVID-19 sequencing protocols, including “PCR tiling of COVID-19 virus” in Oxford Nanopore Technologies’ Nanopore Community, and the ARTIC protocol. More information on these and other protocols.
- Q5® Hot Start High-Fidelity 2X Master Mix (NEB #M0494)
- Random Primer Mix (NEB #S1330S)
- Deoxynucleotide (dNTP) Solution Mix (NEB #N0447)
- NEBNext® Ultra™ II End Repair / dA-Tailing Module (NEB #E7546)
- NEBNext Ultra II Ligation Module (NEB #E7595)
- NEBNext Quick Ligation Module (NEB #E6056)
Products for Illumina® Sequencing
Multiple protocols have been developed for COVID-related sequencing on the Illumina platform. The following reagents are available for sequencing on the Illumina platform for this application:
- NEBNext Ultra II RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina (NEB #E7770)
- NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library prep kit for Illumina (NEB #E7760)
- NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library prep kit for Illumina (NEB #E7645)
- NEBNext Ultra II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module (NEB #E7771)
- NEBNext Ultra II Non-Directional RNA Second Strand Synthesis Module (NEB #E6111)
NEB’s products are available for research purposes only. However, we are already supplying and supporting customers who are working diligently to develop better diagnostics tools and vaccines for the COVID-19 virus and are ready to supply additional customers with the reagents they need to validate and develop them as diagnostic tools for lab-based or point-of-care settings.
Any requests to obtain any of these products in larger quantities in connection with the COVID-19 crisis should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more general inquiries or questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
"GMP-grade" is a branding term NEB uses to describe reagents manufactured at NEB’s Rowley facility. The Rowley facility was designed to manufacture reagents under more
rigorous infrastructure and process controls to achieve more stringent product specifications and customer requirements. Reagents manufactured at NEB’s Rowley facility are
manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management system standards. However, at this time, NEB does not manufacture or sell products known as
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), nor does NEB manufacture its products in compliance with all of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations.
One or more of these products are covered by patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The use of these products may require you to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
Welcome to the COVID-19 researcher spotlight
Hear from scientists around the world as they discuss publications related to COVID-19, new protocols and techniques for detection and characterization, as well as how the scientific community is coming together to address this pandemic...all in 19 minutes or less!
Colorimetric LAMP in point-of-care diagnostics: In this episode of NEB TV, learn the basics of Colorimetric LAMP, and how groups like NEB and the World Mosquito Program are using this isothermal amplification method in field tests and point-of-care diagnostics.Watch Episode
Doing COVID-19 related research?
Let us know what you are working on, so we can keep you informed on new COVID-19 related products and publications available from NEB.Stay Informed